The Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice release date has been changed yet again! Warner Bros. just announced that the movie will now be released on March 25th, 2016.
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was originally scheduled for a July 17th, 2015 release but was pushed to May 6th, 2016 earlier this year. That’s the same day that Captain America 3 is scheduled to be released, and it looks like Warner Bros. wanted to move their big movie to avoid competition and maximize ticket sales.
This is the first time a Batman movie won’t be released in the summer with all of the other blockbusters. “If you have a great film, people will come no matter when it’s dated,” Veronika Kwan Vandenberg, president of Warner Bros. international distribution, told Variety. “It’s a bold move, but we’re taking it because we think it’s such a great film.”
“With so many tentpole films now there is no traditional everybody-need-to-go-in-the-summer corridor,” she continued. “Now the movie defines the corridor.”
Warner Bros. also announced 9 other untitled DC movies . Here are their release dates:
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice – 03/25/16
- Untitled DC Film – 08/05/16
- Untitled DC Film – 06/23/17
- Untitled DC Film – 11/17/17
- Untitled DC Film – 03/23/18
- Untitled DC Film – 07/27/18
- Untitled DC Film – 04/05/19
- Untitled DC Film – 06/14/19
- Untitled DC Film – 04/03/20
- Untitled DC Film – 06/19/20
SOURCE: The Wrap